Höchst is a district of Frankfurt am Main which lies about 6 miles west of downtown. Its written history begins in the 8th century when a small town developed around the Justinuskirche. In 1355 the settlement received its charter and town privileges from Emperor Charles IV. The town was the site of the Battle of Höchst in the Thirty Years War in 1622. Höchst's independence came to an end in 1928 when the town became part of Frankfurt am Main.
In the spring of 1945 the 347th Ordnance Depot Company moved into an anti-aircraft Kaserne in Höchst and operated there for two weeks serving the 4th, 6th and 11th Armored Divisions. The complex, renamed McNair Kaserne, was later used as a U.S. Army Signal Corps barracks until the 1990s.